Black Bean Burgers and Ghosting

Hey guys it's been awhile! Sorry, y'all know how life is sometimes it comes at you fast and other times it's a slow crawl! Life has been crazy for me lately! Not in a bad way, but everything has been falling into place! Anyway y'all know I changed my diet and I'm vegetarian! In a year or two I would really like to go vegan, but it's going to be a slow transition! The main reason why I changed my diet is because of my fibroids, and  I had my first cycle on the new diet and new medicine I'm taking, and there has been no change so far.... I'm hoping next month will be different! I did make the decision to go through with a less invasive procedure to stop the fibroids all together! That won't be until next year though! So lately I had been craving a burger! Don't get me wrong I liked steak, and chicken, and all that other stuff lol, but for me  burgers are my jam! So I bought some fake meat options from Whole Foods to try out! The first was beyond meat, and it's because everyone keeps bragging about them so I figured I had to try it! So here's the deal... this is just my personal opinion, but it was gross.... it really does look like meat in the package, and it actually makes oil when you grill it.... but it wasn't for me... I'm going to be perfectly honest with you, while I was grilling the burger which I had seasonsed heavenly it smelled like I was cooking alpo soft dog food, and I still said to myself I will try this.... it didn't end well for me, and that's ok! That susbstitue wasn't for me! So I tried another.... I tried the Whole Foods brand, and that wasn't for me.... then a co worker suggested I try the Amy's black bean burger..... I was like ok I can do that! I went to Whole Foods, and apparently that's the brand they use at the grill so I didn't even have to buy a whole pack! I could just buy one!!!
Just so y'all know it was delicious! One thing I found out about myself is that fake meat substitutes are not for me.... but I like things that are made with veggies!!!!

Here's where the ghosting comes in.... I'm sure you guys are all familiar with ghosting.... well if you're not it means you slowly fade away from contact with a certain person like a ghost or a thief in the night.... I'm not proud of it, but I have ghosted someone before, and I've also been ghosted.... period point blank it sucks... like it really sucks.... but anyway about two years ago I ghosted this guy I met on okcupid.... he was such a nice guy, but he had so many problems, and I wasn't prepared to take them on. Looking back on it I feel bad, but I would do it again.... he had issues with his baby mama, he didn't have a job, he didn't have any motivation, and I told him that I thought he was an awesome guy, but this wasn't going to work for me. He did what some people do they try and make you feel bad because they are a mess... So I tried to help him put in applications, I asked him if he wanted to workout with me, but he was always busy... and also here's the kicker he was living with the baby mama. She told me out of her own mouth she felt sorry for him and that's why he was still living there and also free child care.... I actually told him as a friend I think you guys should work it out. He begged and pleaded, but I had enough so I stopped answering calls, stopped texting back.... finally he got the message and moved on.

Well he now works at my job so now I have to see this person that I ghosted on a pretty consistent level.... Have any of you guys had to deal with something like this? I've been very professional when he speaks  I too speak or smile, and put my head down and keep doing my work. He looks at me like he wants to say something, but the truth of the matter is he was a user, and I'm not sure if he's still that way, but I've been taught that tigers can't change their stripes.....
Ok guys well I'm signing off, and it won't be long before my next blog post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sick Girls Club

Autumn is here/ Short blog day

Australian Adventure Story Finale