Sick Girls Club

Hey guys I guess I'll get right into it! I want you guys to understand this isn't easy for me to talk about, but if my story can help someone else I want to do that. For over a year now I've been having horrible periods. When I say I have horrible periods I don't mean I just have a couple of hard days. My periods are so heavy that I go through four or five boxes of tampons in four days. I get sick. I'm nauseous, I have the worse migraines I've ever experienced in my life, and because I'm losing so much blood I'm very weak. I barely eat, and my life revolves around my periods. If I cancel plans it's because I'm on my period. The cramps I have during my periods are so bad I've gotten dizzy and almost passed out from the pain. I can barely work because I go to the restroom every 20 minutes during an 8 hour shift. I've gone to so many doctors..... My first doctor tried to tell me it's because I need to lose weight. This doctor didn't offer to run any test to see what the problem was. Her only diagnosis was to lose weight.... don't even get me started on how aggravated I was... My next doctor basically told me the same thing. So I went to another doctor, and so on and so forth.... this has been an exhausting process. Finally I decided to go to Daughters of Charity. Daughters of Charity is a clinic where they have general practitioners, and honestly this is where I've received the best care for what's going on with me. My doctor immediately knew something was wrong when I told her my situation. We went through a process, and she ordered several different test. First thing is though is that my hemoglobin was so low she couldn't even take my blood for test that day. So I was put on a very strong iron pill, then after a week I went back in to do lab work. The test that determined what was going on with me is called a transvaginal ultrasound. They go into your vagina, and do an ultrasound that's all it is. They look to see if they can find anything that's causing problems.  I got my results back in about 9 days. I have fibroids. I have two that aren't really a big issue, but I have one on top of my uterus that's about the size of a baby's head.... At the advice of my doctor she made me an appointment with a doctor who's an obgyn. A lot of women have fibroids, and most of them aren't big enough to cause concern or alarm, but the one on top of my uterus is what's causing me to be so sick... I had my appointment yesterday, and I have two different options, but both options involve surgery.... I'm not going to lie the idea of being cut open is terrifying, but for now I start a medicine that will help with bleeding for two months, and then we go back and reasses the situation. With this medicine I may be nauseous, and I may be dizzy until it gets into my system those are the side effects. I have to completely change my diet around. I have to make several changes so when the time comes I'm healthy for surgery. There are several reasons why I'm not having surgery at this time, but it's an eventuality.... the reasons I have are my own, and I'll get into them when the time comes.... please ladies if you have any problems like this seek help! Tell my story to a friend who may be going through the same thing! I want to help as many people as I can! The one thing I can say is I didn't just accept what one doctor said to me I went to different doctors because I knew there was a problem! I also plan on seeking a second opinion when it comes to surgery! I'm doing a lot of research, and I want to make the best decision for myself so that I can have the best quality of life!

Comments

  1. It took over 10 Dr.'s and almost 20 years to get my Endometriosis diagnosed... I also have PCOS with estrogen related migraines. I had a hard time staying in the classroom during my cycles. I can go through a tampon with a pad or fill an entire diva cup in less than an hour.
    The fibroids cause a great deal of hormonal imbalance which makes it more difficult to lose weight.
    I feel your pain, but you are Fabulously Fallon and you have answers. You are young and still have fertility. You will get through this ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn is here/ Short blog day

Australian Adventure Story Finale