How my love of turbans came about

I'm a turbanista on the go who also has a job in a bakery in a very busy well known store. This store has a dress code and rules, and blah blah blah...... Rules can be slightly bent so a few years ago I was looking for a way to show my personal flair, and turbans were something I was very familiar with because my big sister who at the time was also working with me always wore them. When you work in the kitchen hair has to be covered, and gloves are a must. My sisters name is Deberah, well anyway we all just call her Deb.

I walked over to her department one morning when I came into work, and said hey where do you get your  turbans from? she said wig world in fat city. Honestly after that the rest is turban history because I went into wig world and got a lot of turbans in several colors. Over the years I started doing things like customizing my turbans putting jewels and diamonds on them or even wearing them with head chains. I got so interested in turbans and the different cultures that wear turbans, and why. When I would watch old movies and see the hollywood elite, and fashion models wearing turbans it would give me ideas of outfits to wear with my turbans.

Turbans were only the beginning for me I was tired of the people I work with seeing me outside of work, and saying stuff like oh wow I hardly recognized you! My thoughts were always there's more to come, just like this blog there's more to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sick Girls Club

Autumn is here/ Short blog day

Australian Adventure Story Finale